Home is Where the Heart Is:
Tear Downs & In-Fills Can Keep it There
Sometimes supply doesn’t equal demand. In today’s home building environment we face an incredible lot shortage, making it very difficult to find an appealing, appropriate property for your new home build. For years, Regency Builders has specialized in what we in the industry call “In-Fills” – the process of tearing down an existing house on a property and rebuilding our customer’s dream home.
Whether you are looking to stay in a community that has little to offer in terms of vacant land or want to build your family dream home on one of the many surrounding lakes, look to our Wisconsin custom home building team to help navigate the unique process of building on an In-Fill. With special emphasis on finding and re-purposing lake property for new home construction, we can tap into a market that has otherwise been tapped out.
- Topography and suitability to rebuild
- Geo technical studies
- Light and sightline studies
- Road and other transit noise
- Evaluation of existing well and septic systems
- Design of home to blend with existing neighboring homes…timeless design
- Chapter 30 Permits for lake home building
- Asbestos and lead testing and removal
- Municipality architectural control, zoning, and more
- Tree clearing, preservation and evaluation of overhead utilities
- Inclusion of unique features like tennis and other sport courts
- Common courtesy for existing neighbors to reduce construction complaints
Finding a Lot
It typically takes 3-5 months to “get going” on an In-Fill. To get you started, we can also help search for and identify properties. If you think you are out of luck finding build-able land in a specific community or waterfront setting, let Regency help find the property that we can turn into your dream!