Independent Energy Audit
We will hire an independent firm to test and evaluate the energy efficiency of your home at several stages during the Build Process, including:
- Pre-Construction Plan Review — Using a computer program, the design and component specifications of the home are modeled to verify its potential energy efficiency/performance level.
- Pre–Drywall Site Visit — We verify plans/specs and evaluate various aspects of the home at this critical stage of construction to ensure that the home will meet program standards for air tightness, ventilation capacity, and combustion safety. The site visit occurs at the framing/insulation stage, and our primary concern is the presence of air bypasses. This is the last chance to address some important issues before being covered up with insulation and drywall. This site visit is followed up with a written report summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Performance Testing — Once the project is at or near completion, thorough testing of the mechanical systems and building shell is scheduled. We find HVAC airflow testing to be extremely valuable to address comfort concerns before they happen. For new homes, we are focused on the air leakage integrity of the windows/doors and completeness of attic insulation, but are also looking for any air leaks which may not have been addressed during the rough-in site visit.
Infrared Imaging Gun
Using the latest technology, our team utilizes an Infrared Thermal Imaging Gun. Thermal imaging guns operate by detecting the heat given off by an object or person. With this enlightening and hassle-free technology, our team is able to avoid more expensive repairs down the road – giving you even more reason to feel comfortable and confident in your Regency home. This modern-day tool provides numerous advantages, particularly during and after the insulation process in your home, such as
- Find Inefficiencies — The thermal gun will detect heat loss from inside/outside the home, as well as hot and cool spots.
- Electrical Safety — Overloaded circuit breakers in the electrical panel will be detected.
- Remodeling Considerations — This test can help you find heat runs in the walls, as well as avoid hitting hydronic tubes during remodeling.
Save on electric bills and avoid expensive repairs down the road. With this enlightening and hassle-free technology, our team gives you even more reason to feel comfortable and confident in your Regency home.