Your Home is the Backdrop to Your Family’s Interaction and Comfort
Whether you have a live-in parent or grandparent, or you need accessible design to accommodate a handicapped loved one, we can design floor plans to fit all of your family’s unique needs and create a convenient, safe environment for every member.
Handicap Accessibility and Systems
Independence. Security. Dignity. At Regency Builders, we have the honor of bestowing those inherent rights on our customers with disabilities. Be it accessible walks, ramps, elevators or lift/track systems, our experience in accessible designs, systems and construction is significant.
In today’s market, many people are choosing to follow universal design principals, allowing individuals to age in place as gracefully as the timeless construction of a Regency built home.
When building, consider how long you intend to live in your home and consider integrating concepts such as:
- No-step entry and one-story living
- Wide doorways and hallways, as well as thresholds that are flush with the floor, allowing for walker/wheelchair access and to prevent tripping
- Bath safety, including non-slip surfaces, handrails and plans for future grab bars
- Lever door handles and rocker light switches, for those with arthritis or poor hand strength
- Dedicated elevator shafts/areas; with room to add lift technology if the need arrises
Whether it is aging parents needing a second master suite on the first floor, or empty nesters that are looking to downsize, additional master suites are popping up in many homes these days. At Regency, we are built around family. It is our goal to help you build a custom home that will accommodate you and your loved ones for years to come.